Tuesday, June 2, 2009

How old is too old?


Simple question really. A very subjective one at that. After reading a bit of online commentary on the subject, it seems most believe it is a personal choice, but age differences too vast just don't seem to work out. And it is worth mentioning many of these May-December relationships involve a fair amount of money.
For the sake of this argument, money is not involved and the two parties involved were not particularly looking for a much older/younger person. How old is too old for a young lady to date? For much of history it was not up to the young ladies to decide their fate in relationships, but with these new found rights we have is dating an older man just perpetuating a stereotype? Or is age really just a number? Also, will it be doomed to fail from the beginning? All of these questions are valid, but there are no clear answers.
I have never dated a much older man, I think the biggest age difference boasted in my lifetime was when I was 19 pseudo-dating a 23 year old. Well folks, that personal record may be bested soon.... and perhaps I will even garner some personal answers to the questions above. We shall see. I would love some second opinions as well...

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Mai said...

I found your blog through Carolyn's and feel compelled to comment on this because my friend has discussed this at length with me before...he swears by "half plus seven" for how low you can go.

Are you still at Ming Tree? I miss that place.